Most damage to your home stems from an issue that could have easily been prevented. In many cases, this is why Merriam homeowners invest in sump pump installations. In the event of a flood or burst pipe issue, a sump pump can protect your home from extensive water damage. At Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we are your expert sump pump installation company. We understand the importance of these systems, particularly in flood-prone areas, and work hard to keep your home in the best working order.
Want to avoid further damage from pipe leaks? Be sure to ask our technicians how drain cleaning can help!
The Benefits of Sump Pumps
A sump pump can mean all the difference in the event of a plumbing or water emergency. If you’re unsure whether one is right for your home, consider the benefits, which include:
- Flooding Damage Prevention: Even though a sump pump is going to help with preventing issues that come with gradual water build-up, they’re really useful when there’s bad flooding. When there’s heavy rain that triggers a lot of water, for example, your sump pump can help pump the water out and away from your home.
- Reduce Mold/Mildew: Since mildew and mold grow in damp areas, having a sump pump will help with reducing this threat by keeping your basement dry. Not only will this help protect your house, but it will help you be healthier too.
- Reduce Fire Risk: This might seem strange but it’s the truth. Flooding is a big reason that electrical fires start. Water short-circuits those appliances in the basement like your water heater, furnace, washers, and dryers. So the sump pump is going to help with keeping the water down, which in turn reduces electrical fire risk.
Whether you have a sump pump in your home or are looking to invest in your first one, our plumbing experts can help you choose what’s right for your home. Whether your sump pit accommodates a submersible unit or you need a pedestal sump pump, our staff can help you choose what’s right for your home.
Signs You May Need a New Sump Pump
What if you have a sump pump already? How do you know when it needs to be replaced? Below are four signs that it may have come to the end of its life.
- Turning Off and On: Have you noticed that your sump pump is always turning off and on? It may mean that your pump’s on its way out. It could be the power or float switch, or it might mean that it’s time for a new one.
- Noises: All sump pumps make noise. However, when the noises are more than they used to be or they’re much louder, there might be something more going on. Listen for things like grinding, thuds, rattles and other strange sounds.
- It’s Old: On average, a sump pump will last approximately 10 years. However, there are things that can change this. Things like how often it runs, the distance the water has to be carried, its electrical source, its quality and much more.
- It’s Always Running: If your pump’s always running and there’s no reason it should run, there’s a good chance it’s unable to handle its water load.
In the event there is a flooding emergency, and you need further assistance, we offer 24-hour emergency services that can help take care of unexpected issues which may arise.
Contact Us Today!
Whether you want to have a sump pump installed, want to buy a new one, or just have questions, call us today. At Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re dedicated to our customers. Through our 35-years of experience in the Merriam area, we’ve learned that quality services are the best way to ensure satisfaction. We always take the time to understand your needs and provide you with quality service.
Best of all, we also keep our costs down with flat-rate pricing and our financing on jobs over $500!