As far as residential plumbing issues go, a gas leak is one of the most dangerous you can face, particularly because they oftentimes go unnoticed. At Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we are your reliable gas leak detection experts. We use the latest methods and tools to find gas leaks with pinpoint accuracy, leaving you and your family safe in your Merriam home.
There’s no time to waste if you suspect a gas leak in your home - call our expert team for emergency service now!
Signs You May Have a Gas Leak
Gas leaks can cause fires, explosions, and even death if it’s not taken care of quickly. It’s important to know what the signs of gas leaks are so that you can watch out for them and have it taken care of quickly to keep you and your family safe.
- Dead plants and landscaping
- Irregular or difficulty breathing
- Sulfur smell
- Gas bills are higher than usual
- Loss of power to appliances
- Hissing noises behind walls
At the first sign of trouble, it’s important to call for immediate help. A gas leak is an emergency situation and needs to be addressed fast by a reliable gas leak detection company in order to better protect your home and family.
How to Prevent Gas Leaks
Even though gas leaks can be scary, there are things that you can do to help prevent them. These won’t prevent all leaks, but they will help with preventing a lot of them, and will also give you a warning when there is a leak.
- Regular Inspections – One of the most important things that you can do is to make sure that your gas flues, vents, appliances, lines, and chimneys are inspected annually by a qualified professional. This way, if there are problems you have plenty of notice.
- Ventilation – Make sure the areas that are around your equipment and appliances are unblocked and clear. This will ensure that it has the right amount of air flow. If you it can’t properly circulate, natural gas will build up inside your home’s air.
- CO Detector – This won’t prevent a gas leak, but it will let you know if there’s a problem with carbon monoxide in the home. There should be one on each floor of the home and in bedrooms.
We also offer gas line installation services and can help keep your home protected without sacrificing performance from your appliances.
Call Us Now
Whether you’re concerned you have a gas leak or you want to prevent a problem, we can provide you with the service that you need. At Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we are your reliable gas leak detection company. Not only do we offer accurate and reliable services, but if we do find a gas leak, we can also help you take care of it.
With over 35-years of dedicated service to our customers in and around Merriam, you can trust in our services for all your home needs.